ShoreView Announces Sale of Avidity Science
The Partners of ShoreView are pleased to announce the sale of Avidity Science (“Avidity”).
ShoreView partnered with Avidity in February of 2016. At that time, the company was exclusively focused on the biomedical market serving its customer base from its single facility in the U.S. The family ownership group was seeking a partner to diversify its net worth and help management achieve the next phase of the Company’s growth. ShoreView structured a transaction that:
- Provided liquidity to the family ownership group while enabling them to maintain a meaningful ownership position
- Created a succession plan for the family to enable them to transition from day-to-day management into a board role
- Created an equity incentive plan for key managers
- Provided ample financial resources to support a number of acquisitions
Over the next seven years, ShoreView worked with Avidity to:
- Hire new senior leadership team to execute a strategic plan
- Complete seven add-on acquisitions, expanding the Company’s product offering
- Expand internationally, adding operations in Japan, China, and the U.K.
- Significantly grow the financial performance through internal investment and an aggressive acquisition program
Through the organic initiatives and add-on acquisitions, Avidity transformed into a leading global supplier of water purification and delivery, control and monitoring, and service solutions for the life science and biomedical communities. ShoreView exited its investment to a strategic investor.
Avidity Science is a worldwide leader in water purification and delivery, control and monitoring and service solutions for the life science and biomedical research communities. Since 1969, their mission has been to enable science to improve the quality of life. With operations in the United States, Europe, and Asia, they are a trusted partner to the global research community through differentiated technology and support. For more information about the company, please visit www.AvidityScience.com.
Founded in 2002, ShoreView is a Minneapolis-based private equity firm that has raised over $1.3 billion of committed capital across four funds. ShoreView partners with family or entrepreneur-owned companies across many sectors, including engineered products, distribution, industrial services, business services, healthcare, and niche consumer products. ShoreView structures a variety of acquisition, recapitalization and build-up transactions, typically in businesses with revenues ranging between $20 million and $300 million.